Saturday, October 8, 2016

hurricane PTSD


I'm mentally exhausted.  Did a little bit of cleanup.  Unpacked my go bag.  Un-barricaded my big windows.  I'm leaving the rest in case this fkr loops.  

I have no energy or motivation to do anything else.  

I've had nightmares the past two nights, one of which was completely hurricane related.  I watched my ceiling fill with water and collapse on top of me.  And then I woke up -- the split second before impact.

I have friends who live in areas that got hit much harder, both of whom evacuated thankfully.  They still don't know what they'll be going home to.  I truly am grateful for my situation.  

I could do without this never-ending migraine though.  And the nightmares.  Kitten is still extra needy, too, so maybe it's a barometric pressure thing.  Or maybe I'm making my cat crazy.  :(

I have an intact home, power, AC, food, and lots of meds.  I'll stop my crying now.  Thanks to all of you who have been following along and sending me encouragement as I needed it.  It helped tremendously in feeling less alone.

No comments: