Saturday, October 30, 2004

Saturday, October 30, 2004

Galahad asked that I go with him to buy our new fridge.  I hate shopping, even for appliances, especially with a migraine.  Our first stop was BrandsMart.  I hate that store on a good day.  Saturday is not a good day.  I'm glad I went with him because the Jenn-Air he picked out was hideous.  I could tell he was picking out refrigerators based on price, which is so unlike him.  He's the one who taught me to splurge and get good quality items. 

I announced to him that since I hated shopping so much and since his birthday was coming up, that this would be my present to him thereby saving me from shopping again and letting him pick what he wanted.  =)  It was a win-win.  My only condition was that we leave BrandsMart (immediately if not sooner) and check out Lowe's.  He had been there yesterday and said there was even less of a selection, but I like to compare and nothing at BrandsMart looked just right. 

We stopped for lunch on the way, but the sushi place was closed.  We ended up at a Chinese buffet (I hate buffets :p) since it was nearby and we used to like it before it converted to buffet only.  I was so excited to see they had bean curd buns (not sure of the real name).  Omg, they were so good and I pigged out on those.

Off to Lowe's where everyone was so friendly except the one asshole who helped us.  He was so high-pressure that there was no way I was giving him my money.  I thanked him, and we left to try Sears.  On the way to Sears, we passed another Lowe's and turned in.  The salesman there was soooo much nicer and knew immediately who we meant when we told him we left the other store.  Galahad had fallen for one model at the other store that was kind of pricey.  I asked this guy what the best he could do was.  He gave us 10% off and free delivery for tomorrow.  I gave him my credit card and made Galahad a happy man.  :)

No comments: