Thursday, October 14, 2004

Thursday, October 14, 2004

On our way out of town, we went back to the Grand Canyon and toured the west rim.  We also collected some leaves for Galahad's mother.  My guy is so sweet & thoughtful that way.  Did I mention he's goofy, too?  While he's cutting vibrant red leaves with his Swiss Army knife built-in scissors, he decides that he took too much off of one side and is now evening up the plants.  That's why I love him so much.  He's considerate of Mother Nature's feelings, too.  ;)

Afterwards, we stopped at the Twin Pines Tavern for lunch and my ritual grilled ham & cheese.  The guy in there kinda gave me the jitters and made me feel sympathetic to him all at the same time.  It was very weird.  I definitely would not have stayed in there had I been alone.  He worked there for room & board apparently.   He was very friendly even though his eyes looked like he might have killed someone in the past.  The lady he worked for reminded me of Momma from Throw Momma from the Train.

Then it was time for the long drive back to civilization.  I hate car trips even though the scenery was gorgeous.  My ass just gets numb from sitting for so long.

For dinner, we went to Dans in Reading.  The coconut-encrusted shrimp in the vanilla butter rum sauce melted on my tongue.   

No comments: