Monday, October 25, 2004

Monday, October 25, 2004

Class again tonight.  I forgot to be nervous until we started our first lesson.  And then I remembered that I sucked at this and how uncoordinated I am.  :(  Our Sensei paired me with the other female there at first who is almost as lost as I am.  But then he decided to switch us around.  He said he didn't like pairing couples together, so she got my understanding, wonderful Galahad and I got a different guy. 

Thankfully he was a sweetie, too.  He was very patient and showed me so many times with different pointers when I'd mess up.  The thing is, I felt like I held him back even though I know I always solidify lessons in my mind better when I teach them to someone else.  Haha, he kept telling me to do the move more forcefully, and I kept holding back cuz I was nervous I'd hurt him.  I finally got more vigorous, but then I held back cuz I didn't want to accidentally scratch him with my nails. 

I'm going to try this for a few more weeks, but I'm just not sure if it's for me.  I feel so fucking delicate & fragile.  It's yet another contradiction in my life --- empowering and facing my fragility all at once.  Mind over matter.  I think I can.  I think I can.  :p

No comments: