Thursday, September 2, 2004

Thursday, September 2, 2004

OMFG IT'S COMING RIGHT FOR ME!!!!

I feel a little bit better now.  :p  This will be my last posting before the storm hits.  I'll be packing my PC up after this.  I met my brother at a Super Wal-Mart last night to do our last minute emergency supply shopping.  It just reinforced how much I hate Wal-Mart.  We were there from 2 am until almost 4 am.  And, they were sold out of water.  Fuckers.  Oh well, I got lots of weird soups & beans and my lucky can of goat milk.  =) 

I'm starting to feel a bit frightened and losing some of my normal good spirits.  I only got 2 hours of sleep last night which didn't help, but my mind is too busy to sleep.  I'm also feeling terribly overwhelmed.  I'm not sure what to do first, and we still have to go help Galahad's parents secure their house.  We haven't really started on ours yet.  And, it all seems like a waste of time cuz what can I do against 140 mph winds and 180 mph gusts?  Bringing my orchids inside so that they don't get launched as missiles until after our windows shatter seems a little irrelevant.

We still have a full day to accomplish these tasks, so maybe if I start now and get a few things done, I'll feel better.  Most gas stations have run out of gas already, too. 

Did I mention I'm a teensy bit nervous?  :p  I've enjoyed my time in this house immensely, but I'm not quite ready to give it up yet.  I apologize for my disjointed thoughts, but like I said before, my mind is racing doing a hundred things at once.  Okay, I'm turning this off now.  I'll try to have my laptop up for as long as possible for those of you who have my IM info.

So long and thanks for all the sushi!  =)

weather.com - Atlantic Satellite/Radar

No comments: