Thursday, September 9, 2004

Thursday, September 9, 2004

I broke down and started crying this morning.  :(  So many people have died already from this monster named Ivan.  Others who lived have to rebuild their lives.  If that weren't enough to make me cry (it is), it's also headed my way.  It's amazing how humbling a natural disaster of this magnitude can be.  Now multiply it by 3 and factor in another month and a half of High Hurricane Season.  It officially ends November 30th, but September & October are usually the worst.  I'm starting to lose my optimistic outlook.  :\ 

I've been planning on donating money for the people who got hit badly by Hurricane Charley.  Then, I thought maybe I should save for Frances (just in case).  Now, I'm saving for Ivan just in case.  My dilemma is where do I send money?  Just to Floridians or to some of those poor islands who got wiped out?  I wonder if they have charities set up and how corrupt they will be.  I'm still so cynical that my money won't go where it's needed the most.  I would rather hand it to people I see and not take the tax break just to know it's being used properly.  I heard this morning that some church was selling their Hurricane donations.  How fucking sad is that??

No comments: