Sunday, September 26, 2004

Sunday, September 26, 2004

I popped awake at 5:30am to more howling winds and the sight of my digital clock peering out at me.  Yay, we still had power!  =)  

In listening to the wind whining, I tried to see if I heard the train or the lion roar that these newscasters talk about.  Nope.  One newscaster actually described it accurately, imo.  He said it was the loudest white noise you could imagine.  A few more tense hours passed as I willed our power to stay on.  It started getting light outside and the wind lessened a bit. 

I moved downstairs to eat even more and park myself on the couch.  I was now officially suffering from Hurricane Fatigue Syndrome.  It's not pretty.  I think I ate 5000 calories in the past 24 hours which is a lot even for me.  Also, the muscle soreness from Friday night's class was starting to kick in.  Did I mention the migraine came back last night, too?

I became loopy & delirious when I finally felt safe.  The newscasters kept using a silly line that was redundant, which of course made me giggle.  Yeah, I know --- I'm a geek who laughs at grammatically incorrect usage.  Sue me.  You ready for it?  Sitting down?
 
"It's like deja vu all over again."  Beautiful in its simplicity, isn't it?  Poor Galahad had to listen to me repeat that ad nauseum all day.  It always set me off on a giggle spree, too.  I doubt I could have been more annoying if I had practiced.  This far surpassed the hunkering in the bunker remarks from last time, although I still throw those in for good measure since it's like deja vu all over again.  =D

No comments: