Wednesday, June 18, 2003

Wednesday, June 18, 2003

Perhaps I had an epiphany yesterday.  I'm still saddened by the events in life lately, but I have lowered my expectations of acceptance.  I knew I needed an attitude adjustment --- I just wasn't sure how to go about giving myself one.  I'm feeling more comfortable in my melancholic state.  That's a fucking oxymoron if I ever heard one.  Maybe I'm letting the waters of denial lap up over my consciousness.  Either way, I'm feeling better.  =)

Thank you to all who have helped to ease the burden of my angst.  And to those of you who didn't help much, I can only hope you learn compassion & strength at some point in your life.  I am better today, but I am just beginning a painful journey with a numbing destination.  I will try my hardest to carry my own weight; however I fully expect to stumble here & there.

On an unrelated topic which also gives me angst, I have my dermatological appointment tomorrow.  Wish me healthy cancer-free skin or at least small scars! 

/smiling through my tears  :)

No comments: