Tuesday, June 24, 2003

Tuesday, June 24, 2003

Time to pack and fly out again.

Dinner with a bunch of people I work with.  And, they got intoxicated and off-color.  Good god, that part sucked.   We started at Barley Hoppers for drinks.  Sigh, I was hungry and just wanted to eat.  And it was biker night there.  Harleys are just silly.  Such a waste of money and too fucking loud for no good fucking reason except to be fucking annoying.  Hehe, I bet you're wondering how I really feel.  ;)

I insisted that we keep our 7:30 reservations for dinner even though 2 people were late.  We walked across the plaza to Big City Tavern.  It was an upscale place which just added to my humiliation that I was sitting in the company of drunken troglodytes.  The food was good, but I was sure the wait staff was spitting in it by the end.  I am constantly shocked and amazed that adults cannot conduct themselves professionally for one night when they are away at a business function.  Dinner took so long.  A few of us went back to the hotel afterwards at 10:30.  The drunk ones stayed out.  One of them was boasting how he got busted by his wife last time for going to a strip club and then blaming it on his boss (who was sitting right there).  What a scumbag!  He asked if I had lost respect for him after that.  I told him I didn't have any to begin with.

No comments: