Wednesday, June 11, 2003

Wednesday, June 11, 2003

I never sleep well in hotel rooms the first few nights.  I miss my Galahad and my comfy bed.  I don't mind traveling so much, but the nights suck.  :(

Can you believe that when I returned my rental car at Atlanta airport, I bumped into someone from my company?  And, of course he saw my bag with the name on it and started talking to me.  He's a VP of something or other, so I decided to schmooze a little.  I did manage to lose him in Security even though we were walking to adjoining gates.  Then, I went into the bathroom and changed to my yummy jeans & a t-shirt.  I had already removed my barrette to make it through Security, so I came out looking like a new person (I hope).  I wandered around and bought food & water and settled into a quiet spot to return phone calls and avoid further contact.

I sent flowers to my sister to cheer her up a little bit (she's going through a life crisis).  And, silly me, I forgot to sign the card.  When I checked my messages, I had a call from the florist saying she loved the flowers but wanted to know who they were from.  They wouldn't divulge but advised me to call if I wanted.  She said her office spent all day yesterday & today trying to figure out the mystery of who sent them.  I guess that gave her something to do and perhaps distracted her from life for a minute.

My flight was delayed due to bad weather in Seattle.  /wave to my Seattle friends  =)  And, apparently Atlanta had some bad weather of its own.  We were delayed further on the runway and then hit turbulence the whole way.  They apologized for withholding the beverage service but explained we were one of the last flights allowed to even go airborne.  Fortunately, I had my smoked salmon & dill sandwich and a new bottle of water.  I chilled out with my book, cried a little more (what is it with airplanes and me crying?), and grooved to some music. 

I sometimes hear music in my head and so I danced to that as we were de-planing.  I'm sure people thought I was crazy.  Perhaps they are right?  =p  I was just happy to be home again and looked forward to see my love.

No comments: