Tuesday, July 3, 2001

Tuesday, July 3, 2001

Fortuitously or not, I happened to be in the vicinity of the Sprint store this morning. So, I stopped in of course. (See yesterday's entry if you're confused.) I asked for my software update which they gave me. And, I may have vented a bit of my past frustration and let him know how shitty their service is. To this, my Sprint helper asked me not to engage in any more profane remarks that apparently offended his 24 year old ears. I apologized and asked for a manager.

First, I was told that she wasn't available. When I wouldn't leave this poor innocent boy alone, she magically materialized. Amazing how that works! They were willing to give me 60 minutes of additional time. Does anybody get the fucking point that I'm not looking for additional minutes that I can't use anyway?!!! I guess not. That would take way too much comprehension on their part and too much thinking outside their small realms. God forbid that they actually make an unhappy customer a happy one. Her whole attitude was "That's not my problem. I did what I was supposed to do." [I know you're dying to know if my phone is any better after the software update.]

Did I tell you yet that I'm supposed to get this software update every 3 - 4 months at random? They won't notify me when it's ready. I just have to check back in. When I mentioned to the manager that it would have been nice for the Sprint employee who initially activated my phone to mention this at that time (or the Radio Shack employee who sold the phone to me), she responded with, "Did you tell her you were getting dropped calls?" This is the fucking manager! What part about getting my phone activated didn't she understand?!!! Then, when I finally (maybe) got her to understand that, she told me that it was written in the Terms & Conditions in my user manual if I had bothered to read that. How she kept a straight face during that pronouncement, I'll never know. Who the fuck reads those cover to cover? It's over 150 pages long and much of it in tiny kill-my-fucking-eyes print.

And, NO, my phone isn't noticeably working any better. Yes, I was going to write one of my famous letters to let Sprint know EXACTLY how I am feeling. But, since this is a company phone, I am trying to follow company protocol first before I make another fucking scene.

Please excuse my profanity.

No comments: