Saturday, July 14, 2001

Saturday, July 14, 2001

Time to check out and see the city for the day. Then, off to NJ to visit a good friend, who happens to be Korean.

We went to Battery Park and walked around and had lunch. I started getting a headache, so I medicated very quickly. But, somehow, not quickly enough. So, I medicated some more. But, not enough apparently.

By the time we got to NJ, I was in serious pain. Luckily for me, our friends there understood about migraines. [He gets them, too, but that's a whole different story.] I went into our room and gave myself an injection. That felt like nothing more than a mosquito bite. By this point, my stomach wasn't doing too well, so I was a little nervous about taking something else. Pain won out, and I took an Amerge tablet. That usually does the trick, but it's very hard to get, so I ration it. Nothing. I was into full blown panic mode by this time, asking to go to the emergency room. Fortunately for me, first friend's wife (also a good friend of mine) offered to massage my neck and shoulders to relieve some of my pain. She is amazing at it (she also deals with similar pain to mine sometimes). By 10pm or so, I was feeling nice and drowsy despite the pain. About f**king time -- I had taken enough meds to stop a charging rhino.

No comments: