Saturday, July 7, 2001

Saturday, July 7, 2001

Well, I just sunk to a low level this morning. There was a squirrel in our mango tree, which I didn't want there anymore. I wouldn't have minded so much if he just ate one or two mangoes. The problem was he was eating a bite out of several mangoes. We were sitting in our living room watching cartoons, minding our own business when this squirrel just mocked us like that. I went out, yelled at him, and clapped my hands loudly. Poor thing. He just froze up with fear for three whole minutes. I felt so terrible that I went back out with cracked nuts as a piece offering. Do you know what that bastard did? He went right back to eating the freshest prettiest mango in the tree. Then, a woodpecker came over and started nibbling also. That set me off again, and I ended up throwing the nut shells back at him to scare him out of the tree. He stopped temporarily.

Then, right back to that perfect little mango hanging just so. Galahad charged out the back door, picked up a BBQ grill brush and winged it at the squirrel. Damn if that wasn't the best aim I ever saw! He hit the branch it was on from over 60 feet away. I was so thrilled to see my man out there brandishing this grill brush like a club, defending his territory and fending off maniacal squirrels.

No comments: