Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Why has customer service gone down the drain?  Is it because companies don't emphasize it enough or because people actually care less about their fellow human than they used to?  I had an issue with the hotel I stayed at in Phoenix.  They weren't supposed to bill me for that specific issue, which of course they did.  I called them up and asked for the credit.  That was no easy feat either and pissed me off even more when they put me on hold for 10 minutes after I said no when asked if they could place me on hold.  Why fucking ask?  I finally got in touch with a manager after 3 phone calls.  He apologized profusely and promised to fix it and call me when it was fixed.  I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised that he never called nor fixed it.  I called him again today, and he apologized, blamed Mother's Day, and promised again.  Shall I hold my breath?

No comments: