Friday, May 21, 2004

Friday, May 21, 2004

Graduation Day!  I was so happy that it wasn't too early until I found out it was outdoors at the heat of the day.  Of course, I wore a stylish BLACK outfit.  At least it was sleeveless, but omg it was all black.  I put on sun block but didn't wear my baseball cap cuz it didn't match my outfit.  :p  Mostly I moved around a lot to stay in the shade.  I offered sun block to the girls in front of me who were too vain to put it on.  I was literally watching their lily-white skin sizzle before my eyes.  Finally the friend of the girl asked if she could use it on her little sister and put it on her friend also.  I wanted to go aisle by aisle and offer it to these pale mid-westerners.

We screamed ourselves silly when they called my sister's name.  I'm so proud of her!  I got all teary-eyed.

Afterwards, we went to a reception that was indoors, thank goodness.  Apparently my outfit was indeed looking okay cuz I had male & female attention.  ;)  The woman had a nice pickup line but the man was just pathetic.  I almost wanted to walk over and give him pointers for the future.

During the ceremony, I ate 3 protein bars.  At the reception, I went back for 5ths.  Those little cocktail plates are annoying.  :p  Then it was back to my sister's house for more food and visiting.   It was so awesome to see my West Coast siblings and their families.  My twin nieces from Seattle are perfect --- so cute and so well-behaved.  My California nieces leave a little to be desired in the behavior category, but it was still nice to see them.

No comments: