Thursday, January 1, 2004

Thursday, January 1, 2004

How weird is it to write 2004?  Last night we went to see (finally) Lord of the Rings.  I won't say anything more so I don't spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it.  At a couple of the scary parts (yeah I'm a 'fraidy cat, I know this), I practically ripped Galahad's arm out of the socket.  I had to stop myself from grabbing our friend's arm, too, who was sitting on the other side of me.  How embarrassing that he saw me all freaked out.  :p  Oh well, at least I didn't cry too much.  ;)  It was really evil in parts but not so much mushy stuff. 

Then we came back home, busted open a bottle of champagne, and toasted the new year.  I know it may sound boring, but it was fun & cozy to hang out like that.  I suppose I outgrew the "I need a new thrill" phase.  Now I just look for laughs and smiles and contentment.  I don't need to one-up anyone with stories of amazing parties.  Laugh, I think I have stories enough to last a lifetime.  I have so many stories, I forgot most of them --- and probably better off forgotten.  ;)

We slept in today until noon and Galahad made me a scrumptious breakfast of smoked salmon on toasted French bread, spread with goat cheese.  Did I mention that I love him?  =)

No comments: