Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Wednesday, January 21, 2004

I had to get up so early today.  When I opened the fridge this morning, the light wouldn't even come on right away.  That's how early it was!  I had to drive down to Miami.  I was told to allow 90 minutes because of traffic.  I'm guessing that was a sick joke or else I drive faster than she suspects because I was 40 minutes early.  :(  Oh well, at least I looked good.  :)  I was nervous about my knowledge (or lack thereof) on Unix, which this customer supposedly had.  So I wore my black power suit with a bright fuchsia top to take the hard edge off.  I figured at least I look and feel good even if I sound like an idiot.  :p  Turns out they didn't really want to talk about their Unix anyway.  Whew!

On the way back, I stopped at my mechanics to get an oil change.  Their shop is geographically undesirable but their honesty and knowledge is just inspiring.  So I make the hike or coordinate it around other long trips.  Hehe, by the way, anything farther than 10 minutes away is very far to me.  They were so nice, said they always have time for me, and squeezed me in at lunchtime.

Since I was in that neighborhood, I decided to stop by the Jamaican bakery to buy us some beef patties and coco bread for dinner.  Haha, I forgot what it was like to be the only paleface around.  There I was all dressed up in an edgy neighborhood, with my face like a beacon.  No one bothered me until I got to my car.  Then I got kind of freaked out when a crack addict asked me for money.  He approached me just as I was getting in and cornered me.  I said no as politely yet firmly as I could and slammed and locked my door.

As I was leaving there, a light bulb went off in my head.  I decided to surprise Galahad with lunch.  Except I wasn't sure if he had eaten yet.  And I didn't know the exact location of his office.  Yeah, I'm a bad girlfriend.  I called him to ask, and he invited me over.  He gave me a quick tour and then said he wasn't sure where we could go eat.  I knew of a nearby golf course and suggested we could trespass & loiter there.  We had such a lovely picnic lunch on a park bench.  As you may have noticed from my little weather pixie, it was a gorgeous day today.  :)

No comments: