Saturday, January 10, 2004

Saturday, January 10, 2004

We got all energetic today and finally took down our Christmas tree and decorations.  Haha, yeah I know, what white trash we are leaving the tree up until almost the middle of January.  But it's so pretty and green that it seemed a shame to throw it away.  I'm happy that my city has a program to pick up our trees and mulch them for city parks.

Then somehow I still had more energy and Galahad was hinting that he wanted a movie & pizza.  I persuaded him that if I was going to make a trip out into the cold (like 60°F!), cruel world, we should forego the pizza and enjoy sushi.  =)  He was all bundled up on the couch, so I braved the blustery evening on my own.  That also meant I had to pick out the movies.  Yikes!  There isn't much selection on a Saturday night, but since they are only $1, I picked 3.

We ended up watching Maid in Manhattan during dinner (I figured no gory surprises here to affect my appetite).  I was kind of embarrassed to pick this one out cuz there was a guy standing right there and this is such a typical chick flick.  I waited a whole minute, but he didn't seem to have any intention of moving.  Laugh, why should I care that someone saw me pick out silly fluff to watch?
 
Afterwards, we watched the meaningful foreign film (which I placed on top of my stack ;)) --- The Legend of Suriyothai

No comments: