Wednesday, June 8, 2016

is romance dead?


Because of health issues, I haven't been able to summon the energy to workout in the past few weeks.  Yesterday, I woke up with a purpose and didn't deviate.  It wasn't the best workout ever.  I cut it short before I passed out.  But it was exercise, and it was glorious.  And for a bonus, I laughed and hung out with my workout partner, whom I hadn't seen in weeks.

I stopped at Whole Foods because my brother told me they sold organic liver.  Liar, liar, pants on fire.  I remembered why I haven't shopped there.  Not only didn't they have chicken liver, but when I asked the butcher dude, who was a mumbler, if they had any liver, he said they had cat liver.  I'm a pretty adventurous eater, but I draw the line at knowingly eating cat when I have a plenitude of conventional options.  It turns out he said calf liver, and it was veal at $15/lb.  I put it back when he wasn't looking.

The eggs were more expensive than every other store around.  Everything was more expensive, so I didn't buy much and still overspent.  The smell of hot, delicious BBQ wafted over to me, and I thought of buying some, until I realized it was an open buffet type display, with a minuscule sneeze-guard and tons of people walking by.  I'm not a germaphobe, but that looked so unappetizing.

There was even a young couple leaning against it and making out.  I wanted to tell her, "Honey, you can do better than him if that's the most romantic place he can think of," but I kept my mouth shut to avoid hostile bullets rocketing in my direction.  You never know who's carrying in Florida.

No comments: