Monday, June 27, 2016

par-tay


I was invited to a party this past weekend by a casual friend from my martial arts school.  Pretty sure she felt sorry for me, but I've known her for years, even though we've never socialized much beyond class.  She lives far as fuck from me, but that wasn't too bad as I don't drink.  And traffic was sparse.  And traveling at close to the speed of light. 

I had no idea she knows so many people.  It was lots of fun and felt like a real club inside.  Strobe lights, LOUD music, and a DJ with the headphones on one ear.  Plus she had all kinds of food, including homemade empanadas by Juan.  I went back for thirds.

I knew only her and my workout partner, but I managed my social anxiety very well.  Maybe not very well, but well enough.  I pulled out my phone only three times the whole night.  And twice was to check the star map (which doesn't work on my new phone, grrrr).  Plus everyone was super nice. 

I woke up the next morning with a hangover.  Fkn migraines.  I didn't stay up too late, and I drank a bottle of water.  Oh well, at least my head felt good during the party.                                          

No comments: