Wednesday, July 30, 2003

Wednesday, July 30, 2003

Nothing like Galahad being under the weather to kick me out of my doldrums.  I even went out past my scary neighbor to get some wonton soup.  I didn't have time to feel sorry for myself anymore.  And while I was waiting for the order from the Chinese restaurant, I wandered into an Asian food store.  Omg, so many yummy & strange things there.  I wanted to get my honey something to make him feel better.  So, somehow it turned into Christmas in July.  Thirty minutes later, I left waving goodbye to the Vietnamese owner and promising to be back soon. 

We ate our soup and chicken chow fun and watched cartoons.  Then for dessert, we had some yummy exotic fruit.  He told me the name but I promptly forgot it before I left the store.  It was bumpily like an artichoke.  Once it was peeled, there was sweet white flesh inside and small, black, smooth seeds.  And then there was the after-dessert dessert of Hat Dieu, which is similar to peanut brittle but with cashews and not as sweet, which Galahad ate with his special new Yunnan tea.

Of course, I can't escape my mood forever, so it came back later on when we watched some sad movie.  Fortunately, we were able to catch a few episodes of South Park, so that helped to lighten my mood right before bed.

No comments: