Tuesday, July 1, 2003

Tuesday, July 1, 2003

Roflmao.  I just got a speaking-to from my manager in regards to my interactions with a certain salesperson who annoys him, too.  Another manager complained about me and quoted one of my responses as unprofessional.  I had thrown the "Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part" line in when this salesperson had asked me to drop everything (including a customer with a recurring crashing server) to help him on his deal that he left until the last minute.  I was politely trying to explain how I prioritize when he interrupted me and said his deal was critical to him and therefore more important than a server down.

My manager is awesome.  He totally backed me up and even kept a straight face when listening to this complaint.  I'd better shape up or it's back to nice class for me.

No comments: