Wednesday, December 25, 2002

Wednesday, December 25, 2002

Every year I try to have low expectations because I think Christmas with my Galahad just can't get any better, and I don't wanna be disappointed.  And then, every year it just dazzles me with how great it is and I wonder that I ever could have doubted it.  Our first Christmas was truly magical in NYC with carriage rides through Central Park and tours of the tree at Rockefeller Center.  Hehe, of course I was freezing, so we had to stay indoors a lot.  ;)  Anyway, I digress....

This morning I tried not to wake him up too early since we stayed up very late last night, plus he's still sick.  By 11 am, I couldn't stand it any longer, so I woke him up and asked him if he still needed to sleep.  :)  He decided he could get up finally.

He brought in a ton of presents from the garage (who knew he hid them there?) and put them under the tree.  I know this is gonna sound corny, but it's the truth.  I really have everything I need or want, so there's not too much he could get me.  He managed to pick the best gifts though.  Here comes the corniness.  Brace yourselves.

I had given him his first present, the Scotch I had just happened to find on Monday.  It's one that came highly recommended although we had never heard of it -- Lagavulin.  Anyway, I convinced him to break open the bottle for medicinal purposes since his throat was sore.  Omg he fell in love with it.  Maybe it was the delirium talking or maybe it's that good.  Hahaha, he used all those words that they write on the back of the bottle --- peaty and such.

Anyway, he got all toasty happy and handed me a present.  It was the film that we took waaaaaay back in March that he finally got developed.  We sat there, snuggled on the couch, looking at photos and reminiscing.  :)  My next present from him was Vanilla body soufflĂ©.  Omfg!  I am in heaven.  Sitting there with him, scented with my new vanilla soufflĂ© and remembering our fun & silly times was ... hmmm, actually indescribable.  I can't even explain the feeling.  I just knew I didn't want it to stop.  I am so grateful for another precious year with my lovely Galahad.  He got me a bunch of other stuff, but nothing topped that, even the DVD player.

No comments: