Sunday, December 22, 2002

Sunday, December 22, 2002

Hahaha, omg!  I am such a bad care-taker (care-giver?).  My poor Galahad is feeling a trifle under the weather.  So, I decide I can take care of him for once.  Meanwhile, he bought all this food, so all I have to do is heat it up.  Shouldn't be that hard, right?

Yesterday afternoon he asks me to cook the pizza he bought.  It’s a HUGE fucking pizza, and it is supposed to go directly on the rack.  Anyway, I don’t have a tray big enough for it so it has to go directly on the rack.  I put it in just fine.  It was the taking it out that was a problem.  It spilled all down the back  --- cheese & toppings fell everywhere!  Yuck!   :(   So, I closed the oven, and said I’ll clean it later when it cools down.

And I promptly forgot all about it until we were ready for bed.  So, at 1 am, I take a look.  I get the brilliant idea of the self-cleaning feature and decide to try it.  I have no idea how it works, so of course I start it.  At 2AM, I’m starting to panic ‘cuz I wanna go to sleep but I’m scared I’m going to burn the house down with the fucking oven.  [Btw, I have a childhood trauma that involves setting our kitchen on fire at age 9 or so.  No I wasn't hurt physically only emotionally.  The kitchen wasn't as lucky.]   

I managed to stop (I think but I'm not sure 'cuz I have no idea how it actually works) the cleaning feature at 1:30 or so, but it’s still very hot.  Plus, the whole house smells toxic.  Galahad is like wtf?  I start opening windows (even though it’s so cold) because several people have died here lately from carbon monoxide poisoning.  No idea if I can get that from an oven, but at 2:30AM I’m delirious and not taking chances. 

So, we went to sleep with the windows open wide and the ceiling fan on, huddled under our down comforter. 

Come see me when you don't feel well.  At least I'll take your mind off of it.  :)

No comments: