Thursday, May 3, 2001

Thursday, May 3, 2001



Yippee!!!! I finally got my DSL running & networked again. Wow, I was really going into withdrawal. BellSouth kept giving me such a run-around that I was determined to figure it out myself before I had to suffer further with any more of their senior techs. I deleted & re-installed my network & DSL modem about 5 times, in varying order. Works like a charm now. Of course, maybe the 5 or 6 times they reset stuff on their side did something, too. Somehow they lost connectivity to a whole batch of IP addresses on Monday, and now it became my problem when it knocked my network & DSL down.

Don't forget to vote for the SEXIEST GEEK ALIVE. I'm doing the whole girl-power thing & voting for a woman. I know that may sound wrong, but women have so much working against them in this industry (& many others) that for one to do as much as she's done, she has to be a supergeek. Someone should redo that Rick James song, 'Superfreak.' Where's Weird Al when you need him?

And, while you, my avid reader, are in a charitable mood, check out this site, Tennessee Class Project for the Holocaust, and do a good deed. (Tennessee & Holocaust seem like they shouldn't be in the same sentence together, huh?) Well, I have some paper clips to mail out. See ya'

No comments: