Sunday, May 6, 2001

Sunday, May 6, 2001

Today, we're going to the Air/Sea Show. Poor Galahad - he's really sore & fatigued from yesterday's stump removal ordeal. But, he did get the whole stump out.

The air show was absolutely worthwhile. What made it even better is that we viewed it from our friend's private beach instead of being thrust into the masses of humanity at the regular beach off of Sunrise Blvd. I put on SPF30 and then was able to have a big umbrella & lounge chairs to use. After a while, I actually got cold because of the wind.

The Navy F-14 Tomcat was by far my favorite --- because when the pilot flew down by us away from the crowds, he broke the sound barrier and did the huge ka-boom thingee. There was a little boy who got so frightened, he was bawling for at least 15 minutes. I felt pretty sorry for him. Actually, I was pretty startled as well. There was the loudest roar imaginable, and then I felt this explosion rock my body and my lounge chair. Galahad had to explain to me exactly what had happened and who with. He was my narrator for the entire event. Who needed to hear the official announcer? Galahad gave me all of the facts & figures I needed (and maybe even more than that) about all of the planes we saw. After 8 years, he still amazes me with what he knows. My friend walked over from his house and told us that all of his windows had rattled and he was certain that some people's windows must have broken from that. He also said that an ambulance went screaming down his street shortly afterwards. Someone's heart may not have been able to take that pressure/noise.

No comments: