Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Iron Chef Morimoto


I was finally able to partake in Morimoto's delicious food extravaganza.  Somehow, it's never worked out when I was near one of his restaurants to dine there.  This time, I made a reservation a week early.  I was so excited to try his food, although I was fairly certain he was not actually in the restaurant while I was there.  I was expecting high-end ambiance along with the food.  Nope.

Glad I didn't dress up beyond my CBGB t-shirt and Doc Martens.  So many kids there, which surprised me considering the prices.  Tables were small and shoved together.  The inner atrium was gorgeous, but sounds traveled all over.  It was interesting to listen to the accents of people I wouldn't expect at a top-notch Asian restaurant.

The food was exquisite and allegedly flown in fresh from Japan daily.

Center Atrium
Best ribs I've ever eaten

Bliss


Cream caramel dessert

No comments: