Saturday, November 25, 2017

under pressure


I ate a little too much dessert on Thanksgiving, but homemade Key Lime cheesecake and flan is hard to resist.

Therefore, I was excited to meet my workout buddy at the gym yesterday morning, where he proceeded to kill me.  In a fit of genius (masochism), we planned to pressure clean my driveway afterwards.  I had just bought a new electric pressure washer, for less than the cost to hire someone one time.  But I was a little unsure how it all worked.

So he came over and helped me figure it out.  It was a good thing he did because my hose had fused onto the spray nozzle and had to be cut off.  He was very smart and told me it was a good hose, and I could just buy a new end and attach it.  I had no idea that was even a possibility. 

We drove to Home Depot (on Black Friday OMG) and bought a new end-piece for $5 instead of me buying a new hose for $35.  He had the old piece cut off and new one attached in under two minutes.  I was amazed!  And it worked beautifully.  My driveway looks so much better now.

That was an exhausting day.  I was showered and in bed by 5pm.

I may have had leftover flan for dinner.  :)

No comments: