Wednesday, December 6, 2017

The Happiest Place on Earth!


Unless you have a migraine.  And then it's Hell on Earth.

Yes, I'm speaking of Disney World, more specifically, Animal Kingdom.  I wanted to see the new Pandora exhibit, which opened six months ago.  The day started off beautifully, and I felt great.  I was not able to procure FastPass status for either of the two Pandora rides because they were completely gone by 10am.  Disney's smartphone app was horribly invasive and ginormous.  So, I chose the shorter of the two wait-times and serendipitously, the calmer ride, in case the roller coaster fucked up my head.

Two years ago, when I went to Universal Orlando to see Harry Potter world, I was impressed by all of the detail in the building structures and character interactions while waiting in line.  Disney did not have that in the Pandora river ride.  They tried, but it was merely average, not extraordinary like the Disney of old.  The actual ride was pretty neat though.

As the morning progressed, I started getting warning symptoms.  I took meds right away.  They did nothing.  I took more.  Nothing.  I ate a healthy lunch in case that helped.  Nothing was stopping this migraine from throat punching my vacation.  Fuck!

I left the park at 3pm, thrilled to be able to go back to a dark hotel room, curl into a comfy bed, smash ice against my head, take even more meds, and bask in minimal stimulation.  No loud noises, no jarring rides, no bright colors, no strong odors.  Just quietude.

No comments: