Tuesday, December 26, 2017

alone


This was my first Christmas where I spoke with no one.  Not in person, nor on the phone.  Some people texted me good tidings, but no one called.  

I was fine most of the day, but sadness hit me around 6 pm.  I shed a few tears and gave myself a lecture that it was just a migraine prodrome and not actual sadness.  That almost helped.  I thought about consuming alcohol or bingeing on chocolates to wallow in my misery.  But the logical part of my brain said, "Really, Wendy??  You're possibly having migraine prodrome and you want to exacerbate that with known triggers?!  What the fuck is wrong with you??"  So I ate one piece of chocolate, nodded at my liquor stash, and started reading a new murder mystery.

It turns out I survived and didn't even need to throw a Pity Party.  

Go #TeamWendy!


No comments: