Friday, April 30, 2004

Friday, April 30, 2004

Off to see my niece graduate tomorrow from U of F.  My brother asked if we could all drive up together seeing as Gainesville is about 5 hours away.  Somehow though, he makes everything so fucking complicated that we took our own car and then rendezvoused for dinner on the road.  When we met up, Galahad noticed right away that my brother had a flat tire on the SUV he had borrowed.  Fortunately we were right by a service station along the turnpike.

Traffic, flat tires, rain, and etc.  We got into our hotel room at about 10:45 PM.  Then we had to coordinate (my family is not good at planning) what time to meet for breakfast to drive to the campus for the ceremony.  My dad was picking up one of my sisters at the airport in Jacksonville to drive her over.  I had originally arranged all of that and reserved everyone's hotel rooms.  The ceremony was at 9 am, but my niece's mom told us they locked the doors at 8:30 am.  With traffic, we were looking at over a one hour commute suddenly.  Next thing I know, I'm panicking cuz I have to get up at 6:30 am.  Our hotel was in Ocala, about 30 miles away because 4 months ago when I realized no one was arranging anything, most hotels were sold out already.

I called my father who told me my sister's plane was late and that they probably wouldn't get to the hotel until almost 2 am.  I reassured him that although the hotel was sold out, their 2 rooms were being held for them all night.

No comments: