Wednesday, November 5, 2003

Wednesday, November 5, 2003

As usual, I am flabbergasted by my county's shoddy handling of elections yesterday.  They did a special BY MAIL only ballot, which I didn't really pay attention to.  I get tons of junk mail a day.  I had put these packets aside as something to look at later.  Turns out that I couldn't go in person yesterday to vote.  So, I had to fill out my mail-in ballot and drop it at the courthouse by 5 pm.  It's a good thing my job allows me to be flexible with my schedule.  After circling 3 times looking for a parking spot, I threw my hazards on, pulled up at a yellow curb, and decided to make a run for it real quick. 
 
I forgot that there would be security and lines to go through.  Heh, it was actually the first time I have ever been there even though I have lived in this area for over 10 years.  When I dropped off the ballots, I asked the man there if they would be counted.  He didn't laugh. 
 
Here's the irony of the whole matter.  I voted absentee last year because I was out of town.  It turns out that our incompetent and corrupt supervisor of elections missed a bunch of absentee ballots.  No idea if mine was in that bunch.  So, she is the first one to make a MAIL only ballot after issuing this statement:  http://www.browardsoe.org/press.php3?Article_ID=0051&Cat=2
 
No idea if my vote ever has been counted in the years I have been voting here, but I sure have been amused starting with the chad counting in 2000.  =)  I suppose that's a fair trade.  ;)

No comments: