Saturday, November 29, 2003

Saturday, November 29, 2003

My nephew had his black belt ceremony today.  I was so proud and so appalled all at the same time.  Was very odd sensation.  They made such a Hollywood Production out of it.  They mouthed the mantras of Modesty, Humility, etc....and then were showing off, bragging, and just acting silly.  Most of their performances were set to Death Metal.  I felt like I should jump off the bleachers and start a mosh pit.  Galahad and I were cringing the entire time.  Oh well, it gives my nephew esteem and that's very important.  Perhaps it will keep him off drugs.  High intelligence seems to lead people to self-medicate at some point.

Afterwards, we did my family's Thanksgiving dinner (Galahad's was on Thursday).  That was wonderful to see everyone getting along.   Plus the food was yummy!  =)

No comments: