Wednesday, October 9, 2002

Wednesday, October 9, 2002

Hmmm.  I was trying to explain my current hair color to a friend of mine in another state and realized that there is possibly no way I can do that.  I don't think that a photograph would help much either as it doesn't capture all of the nuances of shades in my hair.

So here goes my attempt at a description.

I have a brunette base, and although I haven't seen my true hair color all over in ten+ years, I would guess it to be a medium to dark ash brown.  (Yeah, yeah, I know, wtf does that mean?)  Okay, so start with that, then add some red, maybe a dark auburn.  Mix in for a few years.  Then add boredom, which sparks some blonde striping.  So, the striping creates some blonde and some gold, depending on how much color was there when it hit.  Wait 2 months, add a touch more boredom, and rinse with some burgundy semi-permanent color.  This was great back when hair was dark red but gets a bit excessive on the blond parts.  So, there may be one or two pink spots now. ;-)

Clear as mud, aye?

No comments: