Thursday, October 31, 2002

Thursday, October 31, 2002

Omfg, it's hard to be a good citizen and vote.   Last night Galahad & I spent over 2 hours doing our due diligence --- researching and deciding how to vote on all the state & county amendments.   [This was after I spent a couple hours researching the candidates.]  Can you believe we even have a state amendment protecting the rights of a pregnant pig?  And of course, it's not that simple.  There are all these behind-the-scenes machinations & maneuverings.   That particular one is there to keep Big Hog out of Florida.  Do I want Big Hog out of Florida?  Would Big Hog be better or worse than the Big Sugar Barons?

I kept thinking last night that those amendments were painful for me to read and decipher.  Average Annie is really going to have a tough time with them.  We finally came to the conclusion that we were going to get fucked whether we voted yes or no to most of them.  And, I have absolutely no confidence that anyone else is as anal as I am about researching and forming opinions.  I know for sure that Galahad would have left most of them blank if I hadn't asked him to help me.

No comments: