Thursday, October 17, 2002

Thursday, October 17, 2002

Nice way to start my day...

I had to take my main PC into the shop today, so I'm already bumming about losing my DSL.   As I got dressed to leave, I decided to wear my brand spanking new sneakers so I could start breaking them in.   Seemed like a smart move to begin wearing them on short excursions.  It's not raining, so I wasn't afraid of muddying them at all.

I pop the trunk to my car before I pick up the PC to carry it out.   As I'm carrying it out, I hear a LOUD crunch under my foot and 2 seconds later, my car alarm starts going crazy.   The alarm is REALLY FUCKING LOUD, so I rush to put my PC down safely and find the alarm clicker to turn it off.   The alarm is now off (no idea why it spontaneously combusted like that), so I pick up the PC to put it in the trunk.   As I do this, I realize I twisted my back weird when rushing before and it hurts now.   Gah!!!  Sucks to be me!  I close the trunk and am ready to go.

That's when I realize what that loud crunch was.  I had stepped on a rather large snail (guess its morning sucked worse than mine).  So, now my pretty new sneakers have gunk & gook on one of them.   EWWWWWWW!  I scrape as much as I can off on the grass and the street.

I'm off to the computer store.   Yay!  I get there and am holding my PC, when the owner looks at me, says hi, and then informs me that I have something on my jeans.  Gulp.  Turns out the rest of the snail guts shot up my leg.   Nice!  Hi, I'm Wendy, and I have snail ICK all over me.  :-( 

The jeans are in the washer as I type this (on my dial-up).   I'm not brave enough to tackle my shoes yet.   And, well, the front porch is just going to have to fend for itself.

No comments: