Tuesday, October 1, 2002

Tuesday, October 1, 2002

October already.  How did that happen?

WARNING:  I am cranky right now and will probably (hahah no probably about it) rant.

I am sitting here buried in piles & piles of mail that has been preliminarily sorted into 2 piles, mine & Galahad's.  My pile is the smaller of the two.  His has just completely subsumed our entry table.

Mine is smaller only because I go through it more often than he does.  Laugh.  He does it only when it's forced upon him by the Wrath of Wendy needing some clutter-free space.  I can't stand clutter and the mail just makes me so crazy!  I think of all the money that companies spend on sending this trash into my house and invading my sanctum.  Then, there's the cost of my time to deal with it, wear & tear on my shredder, emptying the shredder and the subsequent vacuuming when it spills, Galahad having to lug it out to the curb (so to speak, this is Florida, we don't really have curbs) and the problem of landfill.

For a while, I was sending all the trash back in their convenient postage paid envelopes.  Sigh, I had about 3 or 4 a day going out.  That seems to take much more of my time than the shredder method, so I'm back to shredding (at least until it's time to empty it again).  Those postage paid envelopes are so small, so I had to do quite a bit of folding.  Oh, and let's not forget the time I spend washing my hands because they now feel like chalk from touching all that fucking paper.  And, I won't even go into the germ potential here.

I DON'T NEED ANY MORE CREDIT CARDS!!!!!!   LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE!!!!!
I've decided to absolutely NEVER respond to any mailed offer so as not to reward them for their pestilence.

And, don't even get me started on telephone solicitations.

I feel much better now.  Back to my piles of mail.  :(

No comments: