Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Yesterday, I went out back to ground myself in nature and cheer myself up.  First I stopped at my gorgeous purple orchids that are blooming.   Mmmm, they smell incredible!  Then, I went to say hi to Bertram and see if he dropped any limes.  He didn't, but while I was greeting my green friends, a fkn fire ant stealthed up on me (there were no visible mounds) and wtfbit my big toe.  Thanks Mother Nature.  Kick me when I'm down.

So now I have a basis of reference for comparison.  This atrocity on my chest absolutely itches like a 1000 fiery suns more than a fire ant bite.  Hmmm, what shall I focus on today?  The crick in my neck, the migraine bubbling below the surface (thank you Imitrex!), the Napalm on my chest, or the fire ant bite on my big toe?

I rescued not one but two baby geckos last night in my living room, so perhaps that scored me some karma points with Nature.  Omg, they are the cutest little moppets!  I'm not sure how they got inside, but they would have slowly dehydrated and starved to death if I left them.  I sure did want to keep one though.  :)

No comments: