Saturday, September 10, 2005

Saturday, September 10, 2005

The silver lining in all of this (yeah yeah besides I'm not gonna die) is that I had to cancel my upcoming work trips since it wouldn't do to show up in front of a customer and look hideous.  It was not fun, however, to explain the situation to people I work with who were expecting me to fly up.  They were sympathetic, but surprisingly I'm pretty private at work.

I picked up my meds from the pharmacy yesterday, and the pharmacist wished me luck with everything.  Naively, I assumed he meant the cancer.  After researching these meds online, it turns out they are used for a variety of disgusting and embarrassing skin afflictions.  I wonder what he thinks I have.

I used them last night for the first time, and my chest is itching like crazy today.  Fortunately it hasn't started to bleed yet.  Yet.  :(

I'm supposed to use it 3 times a week cuz it's that strong, and yes cuz I'm sensitive.  I'm glad everyone recognizes that fact.  =)

I put an aloe (fresh from the backyard) and turmeric poultice on for now.  I'll switch to antibiotic cream & bandages when it starts bleeding, I guess.

No comments: