Saturday, August 21, 2004

Saturday, August 21, 2004

My cousin is in town this weekend and staying in South Beach.  My brother & I (and respective partners) are driving down to meet up with him for dinner and fun.  I'm kind of getting over the whole South Beach hype.  In fact, I was over it a few years ago.  However, he's my only first cousin and a lot of fun, so I'm making the effort.

Galahad talked me into wearing my comfy black boots instead of my comfy black high-tops.  Fashion and all that.  Gag!  But, for him, I made the effort.  Somehow, they decided not to be as comfy tonight and gave me my first blister.  I've had them over a year and worn them numerous times for hours at a time.  Dunno wtf happened but I finally took them off and went barefoot.  The blister was already the size of a dime and swelling.  Guess I need to buy new boots soon.  :\

In between my whining about the imaginary pebble in my boot, we finally (after 30 minutes of walking) picked out a restaurant to have dinner.  So many places were artificially expensive, or at least I thought they were based on the ambiance and food quality.  We ended up eating Cuban food at Bongos.  The food was tasty and the company was fun.  :)

Then Galahad had the bright idea to go over to the Delano.  We love that place but it's kind of far to walk when one has an imaginary pebble in one's boot.  Anyway, since he hyped it up, and I had dragged him out here in the first place, I said I was fine and could walk.  Everyone loved it (of course) even though the prices are exorbitant.  We watched the people next to us spend about $3000 on liquor alone, and we were there only a short time.  It's full of Euro-trash, but I love to people watch there.  I also love when women get all decked out and end up complimenting me on my simple outfit.  =)  Galahad wins again for getting me some chic (yet cool & casual) tank top to wear with my jeans.  ;)

No comments: