Wednesday, October 1, 2003

Wednesday, October 1, 2003

I never finished retelling my adventures yesterday.  I got sleepy and went to bed first.  The reason I got so sleepy is that my flight was 3 hours late.  Yeah, it took us 3 hours to leave Miami airport.  Glad I busted my ass trying to get there in time.  Part of that was due to mechanical failure and part due to Mother Nature.  Oh well, I had a good book and the 2nd half of my Cuban sandwich, so it wasn't really a bad day.  :)

Luckily today I was able to sleep in a little bit, have breakfast in my room, and leisurely get ready before my workday started.  I'm on a blazing 24Kbps connection, so I couldn't really work much.
Training was fun and fruitful.  It was a small group so we could jump in and ask questions all the time.  I love that.  :)  Hehe, I'm such a geek, and a curious one at that.

And then....omg I had such a treat for dinner!  My former manager from three years ago showed up and hung out with us.  He made a special trip to see me.  I feel so special.  :)  Plus another friend of mine showed up to dinner also.  I had a bit of an awkward moment cuz I thought he brought his girlfriend, so I didn't hug him.  It turns out it's his friend's wife.  If I had been more observant I would have seen her ring.  Oh well, I'd rather err on the side of caution.  I know what you're thinking.... wtf is wrong with a hug?  Nothing in my eyes or else I wouldn't do it, but I also respect that it makes some people jealous.  I was able to sneak in a hug at the end, so it all worked out.  ;)   And, he brought me a book by one of my favorite authors.  It's Clive Cussler's newest novel, White Death.  If you've never read one of his books, I highly recommend them.  It's like an underwater James Bond who saves the world each time.  :)

Off to bed to get some sleep cuz I havta get up sooooo early.  :(  And, I miss my love.  :((

No comments: