Sunday, October 26, 2003

Sunday, October 26, 2003

Yay!!  My baby comes home today.  =))

I got a phone call from him when he changed planes at LAX telling me they canceled his flight due to the fires.  And to come back tomorrow.  It was only 9:30 am local time.  WHAT??!!???!?!?!!!  No one puts obstacles keeping me away from my guy!  Not even Mother Nature.  I was on the Internet and on the phone with the airlines within 2 minutes.  I found 3 alternative flights by the time I got an agent on the phone.  Galahad was still in line for the ticket agent at the airport.  The agent on the phone was able to switch him and his co-worker (who was waiting in a different line at the airport) to the very next flight (which happened to be non-stop thankfully).  I began to relax and hung up thinking I would still see my man soon.

I cleaned the house --- vacuumed and dusted.  I checked the airline's website and saw that his flight was delayed.  They basically strung him along, delaying by 30-60 minutes at a time, for over 6 hours.  I called my sister to see how she was faring with the fires and to ask if she could put Galahad up overnight if need be.  He called to check in every few hours and kept reassuring me that the airport wasn't closed yet.  A logistical nightmare is what kept delaying them.  The nearby airports had in fact been closed though.  And most every other flight had been canceled.  I was so relieved at 9:30 pm my time when I saw his flight had left finally.  However that meant I needed to pick him up at 2:30 am.  :(  You'd better believe I was there early!!!  =)

No comments: