Tuesday, November 19, 2002

Tuesday, November 19, 2002

Off to the office today.

Omg, I think I passed every single state trooper and local police officer on duty & off on the way in. My radar detector was singing like a banshee.   I had to drive 60 mph the whole way and come to full & complete stops at every stop sign.   Poor me :(

It turns out they closed a stretch of road here as a dry run for when they need to close it again to film a movie.   What movie you ask?  Well, none other than the literary giant, "The Fast & the Furious 2." Did we need a second one?   Okay, maybe that's too judgmental especially since I never saw the first one, so how would I know how great it might be.

After work, I stopped by the mall (Ughhhh!!) to get ideas for Galahad's Christmas presents.  And perhaps to look at new boots for me.  ;)   I had to leave one of my favorite stores because the saleswomen really pissed me off.  They stood about 5 feet away from me and jabbered in Spanish, never once inquiring if I needed help, saying hello, or even making eye contact.  I decided that there was no way in hell that Nine West was getting my business right then.

How come no one makes narrow shoes anymore?   I have thin feet and ankles, and all the boots I tried on were made for big fat American feet & ankles.  I can compensate a bit for the feet part by using inserts, but how do I make my ankles fatter?  And why would I want to just so that my boot fits?  Bastards!  Making me feel inadequate with my thin ankles!  C'mon say it with me... Fuckers!

So, back to my dilemma of what to get Galahad for Christmas.  He has more than enough clothes and actually groaned last time I gave him a new shirt even though he liked it.  He has everything (and then some) I think he needs/wants for the kitchen.  He hates cutesy shit around the house, as do I.   I just bought him incredibly good tequila & scotch for his birthday, so he's all set for a few.   Please, if you have any ideas, let me know.

No comments: