Wednesday, November 20, 2002

Wednesday, November 20, 2002

Galahad & I went out to dinner with my father and his wife.  We let them pick the restaurant because we really ever only go to our fave sushi restaurant or our fave tequila bar (for the Mexican food  ;) ).

They picked some gay-trendy Thai restaurant/sushi combo, Galanga.  I don't really understand combining two different cultures, so I stuck with the Thai food since the employees were Thai.  The food was fabulous yet pricey.  Plus it was raining and somehow everyone forgets how to drive in the rain, so it took us almost 45 minutes to get there.  That's way too far for me when I need to eat.  I was getting cranky on the car ride.  Thank goodness Galahad was driving and distracting me with witty repartee. 

And, of course, wouldn't you know that I was the last one to get my food?  I ordered an appetizer as my main course, so I'm thinking it potentially should have been ready first.  Sigh. 

Our waitress was very sweet and got my water-no-ice order perfectly.  You'd be amazed at how many people screw that up.  Dessert was very tasty, too.  Some custard stuffed in a real mini-pumpkin.  Delicious yet not too sweet.

All in all, I guess I would go back, but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there again.

No comments: