Tuesday, May 15, 2018

midnight plumbing


As I was getting ready for bed last night, I heard the toilet cycling through and refilling even when I hadn't used it.  After searching online and texting my friend, I figured out what the problem was.  I watched several YouTube videos and am now an expert.  However, I decided to leave it alone and get my beauty rest.

I watched one more YouTube video where he said I maybe don't need to buy a new canister seal, I could just wash it off and reseat it.  I didn't save that video, but he should get the credit because this morning, I did exactly that.  And the toilet stopped cycling through the refill phase.  Go me!

If it happens again, I can easily buy the piece and replace it.  Thank you to everyone who makes YouTube videos and easily explains what goes where and what needs to be replaced and how.

No comments: