Thursday, May 17, 2018

CELEBRATION!


The first ever migraine preventative medication was FDA approved!!  It's the shot I've been clinical trialing for the past four years.  I've had so many friends and family texting me with the good news.  It makes me both happy and sad to be remembered.  Happy because someone cares enough to think of me.  And sad because that's how people know me, migraines so bad that a new medication is announced and OMG LET'S TEXT WENDY.

A journalist wanted to interview me for an article, but my doctor's office asked that I not do that.  I regretfully declined.  It's all proprietary protocols, I guess, not that I know anything of what goes into it.  I barely know the dosage.  I'm not usually one to be in the spotlight, but I feel strongly enough about migraine to override that concern.

I also feel like I'm disappointing my friends and family when I tell them that it didn't cure me.  Yes, I have improved, but only enough to take care of myself, not enough to hold down a job.

No comments: