Friday, October 20, 2017

sleep - my safe space


I made up my bed yesterday with all of my new accoutrements.  It was way fluffier than usual and felt like sinking into a cartoon cloud.  Eight hours of sleep later, and I feel fantastic!

My dad took me to Thai lunch and then to shop at Costco.  My cupboards and fridge were still pretty bare from Hurricane Irma and the aftermath.  $273 later, and everything is full again (including my credit card bill).  My freezer is overflowing with food for both Kitten and me.

It had been so long since I went to Costco, that I might have gotten a teensy bit carried away.  I even bought a case of antioxidant water (wtf?) because he told me both of my brothers love it.



And I switched out my pack of pierogi because I fell for the slick pierogi salesman doling out free samples.  We had just come from a scrumptious lunch, and we ate even more food at the Costco buffet, although I drew the line at flavored yogurt. 

My dad's eyebrows kept raising as I added more and more food to my cart.  He was worried that I wouldn't have enough room in my kitchen.  I tried to tell him that it was really empty, but he didn't quite believe me until I managed to put everything away with room to spare, including the 2.5 liter container of coconut oil.

No comments: