Tuesday, October 3, 2017

meetup


I tried my first Meetup group.  I was a teensy bit nervous because I'm shy at first.  Or I have social anxiety.  Or I'm lazy.  Or something. 

This was a walking group.  How hard could it be?  

Four and a half miles in a little over an hour is how hard it could be.  I'm no longer deathly anemic anymore, but apparently I'm not fit as a fiddle either.  The gym is way easier.  I can rest as needed.  We were on a trail, so I needed to keep up. 

I got sweaty before we ever left the parking lot.
 
I felt the blisters form after two miles. 

By the time I got back to my car, I was soaked in sweat.   Ewww. 

I met some really nice people though, which was the whole point.  My local friend group has been shrinking over the years, and I'm feeling the need to expand it.  

One lady was a mountain climber from Munich.  Another man knew all about various fruit trees.  He was a wealth of knowledge about many places. 

My non-local friends warned me not to meet strangers in parks and go on a trail with them.  Because they might kill me.  I was wishing someone would at about mile three.  

I had plans to go grocery shopping after.  Nope.  I thought I might have a snack when I got home.  Nope.  I had two bites of fancy cheese and immediately soaked in a hot Epsom salt bath with peppermint oil.  That helped.  

Remember my tweaked knee from yesterday?  Yeah, I had forgotten, too.  Now I have two tweaked knees.  The stairs are fun today.

No comments: