Wednesday, December 21, 2016

date a girl who reads


I recently learned about this series of articles about which women to date and why.

Why You Should Date A Girl Who Reads

You Should Date An Illiterate Girl

Date A Girl Who Writes


A bunch of stereotypes and tropes if you ask me.  I've had a library card since before age 12.  I don't sniff old books because the mildewy scent can trigger a migraine.  And, no non-dairy creamer for me.  Give me butter!!

Besides the sexist nature of these articles, I appreciated the focus on intellectual pursuits. 

I love to read, but lately I'm having a hard time focusing.  I'm not sure if it's because I picked books which aren't suitable for my mind or if I'm finally succumbing to the millennial disease of too much input / distractions.  I sure hope it's a temporary situation because I miss all my friends (old as well as yet to be discovered) in my books.

No comments: