Friday, June 26, 2015

How to make Wendycoffee

  • Boil water
  • Put ground organic coffee (yeah, yeah, I know there's a controversy about organic coffee, but I like to err on the side of healthy) in a French Press.  My brother gave me mine, and I fucking love it!!
  • Pour almost boiling water over grounds.  Let brew for 4 minutes
  • While that's brewing, place these ingredients in a large mug, in whatever amounts you prefer:
    • Organic Stevia (at this point just assume everything is organic)
    • Unsweetened cocoa powder
    • Ground cinnamon
    • Ground cardamom
  • After coffee brews for 4 minutes, push the plunger down on the French Press and pour about 2 fingers (3 of my skinny ones) into your mug with the dry ingredients.  Stir thoroughly.
  • Add molasses and stir again
  • Add one raw egg (optional) and stir again
  • Once the mixture seems creamy and smooth, add the rest of the coffee in.
  • Top it off with heavy whipping cream
    • May substitute with butter, preferably Kerrygold
Enjoy!


P.S. All of the ingredients were carefully chosen for my health.  The consistent small amount of caffeine every morning seems to aid in migraine prevention.  It felt healthier than popping a half of an Excedrin.  The cinnamon helps regulate blood sugar.  I can't remember why cardamom, maybe just for flavor because it was in my cupboard.  :)  The cocoa powder has protein, as does the egg.  The molasses has tons of minerals in it.  The Stevia has been proven to promote healthy gut bacteria.  And the cream is a healthy fat.  Again, assume all organic ingredients.

No comments: